Workshops & Training
Think Digital offers immersive technology workshops and professional development courses for students, teachers and businesses.
Workshops by Think Digital
We understand that not everyone is as confident with technology as we are, so we run a range of immersive technology workshops suited to students, teachers, businesses, and those wishing to create their own content!
These workshops can be conducted on our coach (subject to availability) or set up within a classroom environment.
I attended a workshop run by Tim, in conjunction with Public Library Services(PLS). During the workshop we discovered how to create 360 photos and videos by using a simple app and we were able to explore the world of virtual and augmented reality. Unlike other workshops that I have been to, I was engaged for the entire day. I was fascinated with the technology and had a lot of fun playing with the various equipment and apps. What I was most impressed with was the simplicity of the programs/activities and how my library service could implement a number of different programs with very little cost (with many free options available). The workshop has certainly opened my eyes as to how the library can support the digital literacy of the community (including schools and businesses) through the different technologies. If you have the opportunity to attend a session run by Tim, then I would highly recommend that you do.
Tim ran a great session stepping us through the basics of 360 image apps and getting us to make 360 images ourselves, then showed us the future of digital VR and AR education possibilities.
I have been to a couple of Tim’s workshops and I think his teaching style is really great. Relaxed but structured at the same time, he manages to deliver his content in a clear, concise manner, whilst keeping it interesting. He is good at involving everyone in the discussion and speaks to people, rather than at people. Highly recommended!
Had a great day learning about immersive technologies in Adelaide today. Lots of exciting ideas that I am looking forward to trying out. Inspirational and yet also achievable!
Sue van der Veer
Fabulous presentation at LSODE by Tim Gentle. Both small and big kids loved the content and knowledge. Delivered in a way that all can take away and use in the distance education school rooms.
Wonderful service, so valuable to people in isolation who never get to learn anything digital.
–2vwI recently went to a Think Digital Workshop in Longreach aimed at helping with
Exploring Immersive Technologies (for Students)
Expose your students to this exciting technology! Students put on a virtual reality headset and walk with dinosaurs, swim under the ocean, and swing lightsabers to the beat of a song. In this workshop, participants will learn all about virtual and augmented reality, and have the opportunity to create their own 360 photos and 360 videos.
The 360 of Modern Natural for our Google My Business account is amazing and has taken our online presence to another level by further enhancing our customer experience. Now to get to work implementing the pages of tips taken from your presentation at Mallee Rising. And thanks also for bringing your amazing energy into the business this morning, it’s made our day! .Sheree Callaway
- Provide students with the opportunity to experience this exciting technology
- Show students real life applications and emerging career opportunities that utilise immersive technology
- Show students how to continue their learning after the workshop
- Encourage students to become immersive storytellers to complement their learning
- Encourage students to use immersive technologies in their studies
- Build skills and confidence
Our workshop can be customised to fit your requirements. We are happy to conduct sessions between 30 and 90 minutes long.
Students – best suited ages 12 years and over
- Fact sheet – supplied by Think Digital
- Mobile phones – supplied by students
- VR Headsets – supplied by Think Digital
- VR 360 video camera – supplied by Think Digital or school
Immersive Technologies for Business
This workshop is designed to build your skills and confidence around using immersive technologies like virtual reality and augmented reality in your business. Use your new skills and knowledge to improve efficiencies, generate more leads, train your staff, communicate more effectively with your stakeholders and improve profitability. Not only will you experience these technologies first hand, but also learn how to create your own.
I attended a workshop that was coordinated by ACRE – Australian Centre for Rural Entrepreneurship and Towong Shire Council at Mitta Pub. There were some real light bulb moments for me, the simplicity with which Digital Marketing was explained was Fabulous! Any and all questions were welcomed, no assumed knowledge was required, I learnt tiny simple things that will make a huge difference and big things that will help direct me and my future business on track.Joanne Diver
- Build your skills and confidence around the use of immersive technology
- Experience immersive technologies
- Use immersive technology in business
- Learn how immersive technology can generate leads and improve profitability
- Train staff
- Communicate better with customers
- Understand what IT requirements are involved
- Understand how to manage immersive experience activations
- Identify appropriate VR/AR apps for you to use
Our workshop can be customised to fit your requirements. We are happy to conduct sessions from as little as 1 hour long and up to 6 hours, but 3.5 hours is an ideal timeframe.
Businesses, industry groups, networking groups, not-for-profit organisations
- Workbook – provided by Think Digital
- Mobile phones – participants’ own
- VR Headsets – provided by Think Digital or participants
- VR 360 video camera – provided by Think Digital or participants