It is said that a picture speaks a thousands words, so if that is the case, then what does a virtual tour speak, a million words? What about 360 degree video, a billion words? Either way, creating you’re own Virtual Tours has never been easier.
By following these suggested steps, you’ll be well on your way to creating your own engaging Virtual Tour in no time.
But before you run outside and start capturing your backyard, local park or the sunset on the beach. Let’s quickly looking into the why it is worth incorporating 360 degree virtual tours into your business.
Benefits of Virtual Tours
- Connect with your customers like never before.
- Consumer engagement is increased significantly
- An increase in quality engagement increases sales opportunities.
- No consumer experience will be the same.
- Gives consumers more control
- Innovative, great for brand building
- Easily accessed and utilised by the end user (through apps on smartphones, tablets, and the like.)
- Great for internal training and communication
- Low cost barrier of entry
Do it Yourself Virtual Tours
- On your SmartPhone download and install Street View App (iOS) or Google Camera App (Android)
- Open the App and create a 360 degree photo, by clicking the orange + button, clicking camera and then taking a series of photos by lining up the orange dot with circle
- The App will continue to prompt you to take all the photos that are required to map out a complete 360 degree prospective of your environment. The bottom button will turn green once all the photos required have been completed.
- You can then click the bottom button to begin the stitching process
- Use App to View (use fingers first and then click compass in the top right)
- Why not also try viewing in a VR headsets &/or Google Cardboard
- To upload to Google Maps and pin to a location, you will need a Google Account (Free)
- Download, Install and create a Free Account on Round.me (iOS & Android)
- Upload your 360 degree photo to Round.me, by creating a space
- Enhance the Round.me space by adding interactive elements, adding a video etc
- Share or Embed your Round.me space in a webpage like below, or share via email, social media or create a link from your newsletter
So now that you know how to do it, why not think about how you could incorporate 360 virtual tours into your communication with customers, staff or even friends and family.
Further Instructions on creating your own Virtual Tours
Enjoy. #thinkdigital #virtualtours #streetview